PIDC understands that our future success depends on our most valuable asset, our employees. Because PIDC is committed to hiring and maintaining the highest level of talent, we look for individuals with diverse skills and capabilities that will help us continue to expand our services, improve efficiency, and gain ground in a global marketplace.
PIDC offers a range of benefits including competitive compensation, 401(k), health/medical benefits, vacation and holiday pay, and career growth and development opportunities.
Current Job Openings:
SPARTANBURG SC PLANT - LOGISTICS AND WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR
- Negotiation of rates with common carrier representatives and freight forwarders and brokers for international shipments
- Organize inventory and plan for incoming and outgoing inventory
- Travel to other corporate warehouses to establish consistencies in document preparation and organization
- Prepare paper work and preparation of orders for shipments
- Be the champion for implementing bar code inventory management
- Running site with safety and efficiency as priorities
- Ensure customer needs are met on a daily basis
- Document and resolve any customer service or associate issues daily
- Ensure all associates follow policies and work rules including safety work rules
- Hold weekly safety meetings and ensure associate participation
- Assist in managing and maintaining the cleanliness of the site
- Scheduling associate shifts based on customer requirements
- Interview, hire, and train new associates for new warehouse positions
- Supervise timely and accurate data entry for all services performed
- Must be very flexible with shift start times as well as days worked, including weekends (when necessary)
- Management and leadership experience in an industrial setting a plus
- Ability to train, coach, and mentor warehouse associates.
- Strong organization and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to simultaneously perform multiple tasks.
- The ability to make decisions, problem solve, prioritize assignments and direct the workforce in an ever-changing, warehouse environment.
- Prepare and create statistical management reports.
- Intermediate PC skills with knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with SAP Business One a plus
- Excellent aptitude in estimating rates and adding and subtracting mentally while constantly multi-tasking.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
Education and/or Experience:
- Warehousing, Logistics, Supply Chain or Third Party experience preferred
- BS/BA Degree or Associates Degree with Equivalent Experience is a plus but no required
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership, and customer service skills.
- Proven track record in supervision of warehouse employees including Hiring, Training, and Termination.
- Proven experience in providing high levels of customer service to internal and external customers.
- College degree is a plus.
This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The job responsibilities and tasks described herein may be modified and expanded over time.
We will offer the successful candidate:
- Salary commensurate with education, experience and skills
- Benefits after 30 days including major medical, dental, vision, life, and 401(K)
PIDC, a manufacturer of world class specialty chemicals, based in Ann Arbor, MI seeks a motivated people-person to join our team in Ann Arbor.
- Conducting supplier analysis
- Evaluate future suppliers and recommend purchasing and sourcing decisions to top management
- Develop and execute a business plan to grow company's business in China and Asia
- Review customer requirements and product specification changes
- Manage product cycle, including purchasing and inventory to ensure on-time deliver to customers
- Communicate special customer requriements to customer service
- Responsible for the chemical product quality and prepare technical project reports
- BS degree in chemistry or chemical engineering with 12 months experience as an engineer
- Experience with chemical catalyts products
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Professional attitude, along with strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
CHEMICAL SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER
PIDC is searching for a motivated Chemical Sales Account Manager to be based in Ann Arbor MI. The person hired for this technical sales position will be responsible for selling advanced Alumina, rare earth and other custom engineered materials to emission control catalyst, chemical catalyst, electronics, aerospace,ceramics and general industrial use markets in North America. Requirements include a 4 year college degree in chemistry or science related field. Solid verbal and written communication skills. Prior customer focused work experience. Professional attitude, along with strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task is a must. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN - FULL-TIME
Looking for motivated production technicians. Position is moderately physical. The candidate should possess basic math and writing skills, have a commitment to details and organization, and manufacturing experience. Chemical industry experience a plus.